About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hockey Dates

Alright, so I am not one for dating or going on dates. It's just always too awkward and too nervous for words and I find the awkward silences at dinner unbearable. So tonight I got brave and went out with a kid I had met in college. We met freshmen year, but never really hung out all that much or talked all that much. I have no idea why since we have so much in common, but I guess things happen for a reason. That is my motto in life after all!

He picked me up at my house and we went to Hartford to meet up with his friends to go see the Hartford Whale hockey team play. He was absolutely thrilled that I loved hockey and even more so when I knew what the hell I was talking about when I was explaining things to another girl there. The game was incredible (the hockey was good and we had the most awesome box seat lounge thing courtesy of AMR). Afterwards I ended up going back to Sean's apartment in New Britain where his roommate and his roommate's girlfriend met up with us and we played some board games as well as the ball python. I am such a sucker for snakes!

I had a really good time tonight. I am not usually one for dates and attempting things with any new guy but this turned out rather awesome and I feel this might have a chance. Even Sean is not the most handsome guy in the world, his personality and goofiness and just being an awesome person overall seriously takes over. I am curious as to where this will go and his roommate and friends all seem to love me. Who knows. There also wasn't that awful empty feeling of indifference this time. There was curiosity and laughter and a sense that everything was okay; that it was safe. Only time will tell, and for once I am kind of excited and curious as to where things will go and what will happen down the road.

On a side note: Sean is also one of the few guys I've met who seems like a perfect gentleman. That's something special in this world now a days.

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment