~Christina Perri~
It was a bittersweet night in a lot of ways. Getting together with friends and celebrating a happy occasion but also a sad one. After years and years it's hard to say goodbye to a best friend. It's hard to have them start a new chapter of their life half a world away. I have known Molly since high school and she has been such an amazing friend to me. It's the hardest thing in the world to say goodbye to her and watch her leave my life for two years as she goes to New Zealand for grad school. There will be millions of ways to communicate with her, but her presence will be gone and that is the hardest thing to digest. I know she will have an amazing time down there, but it is just so hard to say goodbye.
The gifts were the worst. We gave her little things to take with her to New Zealand as well as many long books inside of our cards. It was heart wrenching to see my best friend fight her hardest and lose at trying not to cry. Trying to be strong and happy. She is so excited to go, but I know at the same time she is terrified and saddened to leave all of us behind. Her best friends, her family and her new boy.
My heart is heavy as I head to bed, but I will see her soon and want to spend as much time as I can with her before the 14th comes and she takes off on her new adventure. A new chapter in her life.
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment