Tonight I went to the rock gym with Brendan. Molly is on vacation in Florida so it was just the two of us this week. The problem we ran into was that he is certified to belay and I am not, which means he wouldn't have any time to climb. So I ended up getting certified to belay. When we got to the gym, there really wasn't anyone there so we were able to go in the back room and he gave me a crash course in how to belay and even let me do it once before I went and told the guy that I wanted to get tested. It was seriously the most nerve-wracking thing ever having someone watch every move you make. It didn't help that this was like the second time I was ever going to be belaying someone. But I did great and the guy passed me! I didn't even have to pay the three dollars for the test so that was a plus. Then Brendan and I got to work climbing. It was a good time but it was hard when neither of us really got any big rest breaks so we tired out. Then it was off to dinner. It was a lot of fun. We carpooled and chatted about all kinds of things and things that I never thought I would be comfortable talking to a guy, but I'm comfortable around Brendan and we both agreed that it was good to be comfortable around friends. We are just mad goofy around each other.
Some memorable quotes of the evening:
"Hello, Mr. Snake! Let me kiss your face!" (on outdoor climbing with various wildlife)
"Strong arms! Good for lifting babies and carrying roasts!"
"Wait, lifting babies?"
"Yes! This is my view on children. We carry the roasts and lift the babies. Into the oven!"
Oh no! Babies in the oven!"
"We are having white meat for dinner!!"
Tomorrow is my final day of regular class at Branford Hall in the PFT program. It's going to be rather bittersweet. I can already tell you that. I am excited to move on to better things, but at the same time I am afraid of the unknown and sad to walk away from so many amazing classmates. I am going to see a lot of them still because we have made friendships and connections that are probably going to last through our lifetimes. And that is something I am so happy for. It's going to be hard to move on, but it many ways it will always be like I never left. And I think I am finally ready for it.
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment