"Now you're in New York/these streets will make you feel brand new/the lights will inspire you/lets hear it for New York."
~Jay-Z - Empire State of Mind~
~Jay-Z - Empire State of Mind~
You want to know something funny? I never really liked that song. It would come on the radio and I would listen to it, but I would never feel any love for it. Boston is where my heart lies. Boston is still where my heart lies, but New York City is something special. In walking down the crowded streets of the city and seeing the sites and hearing the sounds, I was just so taken in. I could have walked all day and never gotten bored. There were just so many stores and different types of people to see!
5th Avenue. I've been on 5th Avenue only once before and really don't remember much of it. Today, however, we walked all over and saw everything! I have never seen more expensive and prestigious stores in one place before! I don't know who can afford all of these things but I would really love to be able to go into Tiffany's and buy a very beautiful ring or necklace. I probably will never ever be able to get something that nice, but then again you never know.
By the way, FAO Schwartz is one of the coolest stores in the entire world! I really wish I would have been able to have gone there when I was younger. That didn't stop me from getting a giant stuffed pink dog! I just can't help myself when it comes to stuffed animals. I just love them to death!
Today was a good day. I love being out of Connecticut and in different states and cities. It takes me away from the reality of the world that I live in and gives me a chance to just get away. I'm going to be sad to go back to Connecticut and go back to student teaching on Monday. I have to write up a lesson plan for Monday which I haven't done yet and am not really sure how to go about doing it. There's only so much I know about Ancient Greece and Rome. And I'm being observed on top of it all. Just lovely.
~Dragon Eyes~
5th Avenue. I've been on 5th Avenue only once before and really don't remember much of it. Today, however, we walked all over and saw everything! I have never seen more expensive and prestigious stores in one place before! I don't know who can afford all of these things but I would really love to be able to go into Tiffany's and buy a very beautiful ring or necklace. I probably will never ever be able to get something that nice, but then again you never know.
By the way, FAO Schwartz is one of the coolest stores in the entire world! I really wish I would have been able to have gone there when I was younger. That didn't stop me from getting a giant stuffed pink dog! I just can't help myself when it comes to stuffed animals. I just love them to death!
Today was a good day. I love being out of Connecticut and in different states and cities. It takes me away from the reality of the world that I live in and gives me a chance to just get away. I'm going to be sad to go back to Connecticut and go back to student teaching on Monday. I have to write up a lesson plan for Monday which I haven't done yet and am not really sure how to go about doing it. There's only so much I know about Ancient Greece and Rome. And I'm being observed on top of it all. Just lovely.
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment