About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Heroes


"I believe there is a hero in all of us."

Look in the mirror. What do you see? That's a question we all ask ourselves. Who is that person staring back at us? But can we always see the real person; the person that we hide underneath the make-up and trendy clothes? Can we see the real person beneath the mask that we don every day, or has that mask become the real person? So many questions and some many answers. It's hard to look into the mirror and take a good hard look at the person staring back at them. We are afraid of what and who we see, because maybe the person looking back is someone we don't want to see.

So many faces, so many personalities. And that's what you see when those athletes from all those countries march out, waving their flags and showing off their pride and excitement to take part in one of the most incredible international sporting events in the world. Over eighty nations have gathered in one place to compete for the fabled gold medal. Differences and wars are set aside, as for two weeks these special people have a chance to make history; stand out from all the rest. They have the chance to be a hero.

Look in the mirror. What do you see? I see a hero. I see someone who will change the world in the biggest way with the smallest step. I see someone who will stand up for themselves and others even when it seems all hope is lost. I seem someone who will keep holding on. Someone who won't let go and won't give in. Someone who will live as if it's their only day to live. Someone who will take risks. Someone who will open up their heart and allowed to be loved once more even though they have been hurt so deeply that they feel as if they could never continue on.

I am my own hero and right now I need to be the strongest hero in the world. I need to allow myself to be loved by someone and let someone take care of me for once in my life. I promise I won't push them away like I do with everyone else. Maybe this time will be different. Maybe this time I won't feel my heart shatter into a thousand pieces.

RIP Nodar Kumaritashvili...you will always be remembered by the sport of Luge, the Olympics and the entire world forever. Georgia walked into that stadium with so much love and support tonight. Hold tight.

~Dragon Eyes~




No comments:

Post a Comment