About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Passions of Life

"The music is all around us. All you have to do is listen."
~August Rush~

Music is what the feelings of the world sound like. They take you in and let you go on a wild ride of the imagination; over hills and valleys and to places you never thought you would go. Without music this world would be empty; lost and lonely. We need music. It gets us through the days and nights. It lifts us up when we are down and it gives us reason to hope. Music allows us to put into words what truly lies within our hearts.

Tonight I got to experience one of the most incredible concerts in my entire life. I went to Mohegan Sun, the second largest casino in the world, and got to experience Flyleaf, Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace live in concert. These three bands went out on that stage and did the one thing they love the most: sing. They sang their hearts out and brought the gift of their music to the people of Connecticut. They opened their hearts and let forth the words that many of us find hard to speak.

Tonight I got to witness incredible music, but I got to witness one more thing. I got to witness passion. Those bands were up there on stage doing the one thing they loved the most. They were singing and playing. And no matter where their lives take them and what happens to them along the way, they can also turn back to their music. Music is one of those things that never leaves you. It may slip away into the shadows and hide for a while, but it never truly abandons you. It can't. You created it and harnessed it into something incredible and it can never separate itself from you.

Watching these people thrive in their passions made me realize my own passions in life and how I want them to become something. I love music and want to pick up my violin again and bring to life the music I set aside almost four years ago. I want to keep learning. The guitar is something that has always fascinated me and I want to try my hand at it. I want to keep on riding my horses and keep on learning how to improve at what I do. But most of all I want to keep writing. Writing is where I can put everything down and get it out of my head. Writing allows me to express my thoughts and feelings to the world when word of mouth cannot do them justice. I just wish I could find more time to write and keep my readers on fictionpress entertained. This blog gives me time to sit down and keep and writing, even if it's just something little. It keeps me holding on; never letting go.

~Dragon Eyes~






No comments:

Post a Comment