About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It All Started With a Toilet

It's the little things in life you take for granted. That is until they are gone. That's when you realize how important they were. This can be said for mankind's greatest invention: the toilet. And believe me. When it's gone, you wish you had worshiped it more. Why the toilet you ask? Well that's a funny story...

When I came home from work last night I had to pee like none other because I am a silly, scatterbrained Dodo bird and never think to pee at work. So, I came home, ran to the potty, did my business, pushed down the handle to flush and...nothing. The handle simply flopped uselessly around. Great. Here it is 12:15am and the toilet doesn't work. Now I don't fool around with plumbing. The last time I did I got a face full of water. Yup. Not messing with that. So I decided whatever, I'll just leave it. Luckily I ran into my roommate Ginger and discussed it with her. Needless to say the two of us didn't have a clue what to do and decided to leave it.

This morning. I don't even bother with the toilet. Why would I? It doesn't flush. I'll just pee when I get to school. So I went about and did what I had to do, got ready and all that fun stuff. Well I was in my room packing up my school stuff when there's a knock at my door. It's Jeanette. And that's when she was like if the toilet didn't flush you should have told me and then proceeded to go on in like the dummy terms about how to fix it. At 6am, I am cranky and tired. I am not a morning person at all. That was just what I needed at 6am. One more thing to discuss at therapy.

Well, I went to therapy and it was good. It was nice to be able to talk to someone. They just sort of took down everything that I talked about and wanted help with. The doctor was really nice and was very genuine about wanted to help and that we would help get everything all sorted out. Now that's a relief and a half. Apparently they review all the new cases on Friday and then find someone for me to work with. Sounds good to me. I feel a little bit better knowing that I am not a complete brain case. We are going to try and deal with my roommate situation as well as the situation with Mike and Andrew. We will see how that goes.

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment