About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lazy Days

"I am simple, complex, generous, selfish, unattractive, beautiful, lazy and driven."

I do and don't like lazy days. Lazy days are nice especially when you have things that need to be done. You have all the time in the world and everything can be done with the minimal amount of stress. There's only one problem. When you have completed everything that you have set out to do, you find yourself suddenly with nothing to do. And in many ways, having nothing to do is the worst thing in the world.

Nothing to do. There is nothing left to occupy your mind; keep it busy. It's left to wander and to dwell on things that it should never be allowed to dwell on. You suddenly find yourself questioning yourself; wondering if things are the way they should be. You find yourself thinking about things you never think about, or shouldn't be thinking about anymore. You stray into territory that is now off limits. It's hard when you keep thinking about a person you shouldn't be thinking of anymore.

Why do you haunt me? Why can't I banish your face from my thoughts? Is there something you are trying to tell me? I don't want to think about you anymore. You have hurt me in more ways than I can ever explain. You have caused me so much damage that I am once again seeking help; seeking therapy. I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to think about you and what we had and what we could have had. It will only drive me crazy. I have someone better now. Someone who truly loves me. So why do I still look back at you?

~Dragon Eyes~


1 comment:

  1. Trust me love, it is hard but you do get over it. I cannot speak for Abby (though we have spoken about this before and she has had the same experience) but the person stops haunting you little by little. For example (I do not know if this helps but I do hope it does) I have an ex, who whenever I imagine getting married to anyone else but me I come to the point of crying. This is just me imagining it. Now, this has been happening for years, since I met the kid. However I can honestly say that right now right at this moment I can envision the wedding of him and some other girl and now, I just laugh at what a fool I was. So, in conclusion "this too shall pass"

    ReplyDelete