About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Conquered the Crack!!!

Today I managed to make it to climbing and climbed a tough course with a giant crack where you had to stick your right hand/arm and right foot into it all the way up in order to make it to the top. I have seen others do it as well as Molly and always wanted to try and do it. Tonight I got my chance and it was seriously super fun! I have some pretty sweet battle wounds on my hand, but it was so worth it.

Molly and Brendan ended up leaving early to go shooting so I spent my time with Brian. Mostly in the bouldering cave where he worked with me on technique. It was hard but I was definitely getting better at everything. It is still going to take a lot of work, but I am not going to give up easily.

I think this Saturday I am going to go and try and get a harness and shoes of my own so I don't have to keep renting them. It would be so much easier. And cheaper. I'll have to see what I can find for decent prices.

After that we all went out to dinner and pretty much had a farewell dinner for Brian, who is moving to Massachusetts this weekend. It's going to be weird having him gone, but we are all going to have to visit him and if I get really good at 7 and 8 climbing courses I can go with him to a rock climbing gym up in Mass that is phenomenal. That would be epic. I just have to keep working in my technique and strength as well as climbing like a girl. Delicate and graceful as well as quiet is the mark of a good climber.

Well, I am off to bed. Tomorrow is the last day of the semester and I cannot wait. And we will see if I see Logun at the gym tomorrow.

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment