About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

They're Virtual so Technically They Aren't Here

Last night I ended up getting dinner and drinks with Jeanette. Now, I haven't seen her in a while. At least a month or so and she was curious if I wanted to do something with her. Since I didn't and my mom was driving me up a wall I decided to go out. We got dinner at the Elbow Room in West Hartford and I seriously got the best mac and cheese EVER! I would so go back and get more. If I could I would eat mac and cheese every single day for the rest of my life. That is how much I love it. People can make fun of me all they want, but it won't stop me from loving it. This is why I am so five years old!

After dinner we went to Shish Ka Bob for drinks. It's our usual spot and the bartenders know us. How do I know this? They never card us anymore. They know us. It's actually pretty sweet because I am always asking them for suggestions for things to drink. And so far they have come through. The best drink I've gotten there so far is a Huckleberry Cran Lemonade. Or at least I think it was called that. It was amazing. And I am so going to get another one of those the next time I'm there.

Jeanette and I had a good time for a long while and then it started to get busier and she started chatting with people. The best group of the night were the virtual people. These fifteen or so people all met online and decided to meet in person for drinks. They all had name tags to boot. And the bartender had to state that since they were virtual internet people that they techincally were not there. They laughed and agreed with him. Oh, they were a good group. Eventually they left and a new group replaced them and they took a liking to Jeanette. I was rather glad that Alex ended up showing up so I could converse with him while Jeanette had fun with her new friends.

Eventually, the bar closed and we were all sent on our way. Alex agreed to drive me back to my car in the garage and so we split from Jeanette. Then the two of us decided to park somewhere else in West Hartford center and went walking all over the place, chatting. I miss chatting with him and seeing him all the time. He really is one of my best friends. We just have so much in common. We actually both agree that we are the same person just opposite sex. I can see it. Unfortunately all good things have to come to an end and it was time to go home.

Today has been pretty low key. Had a good lesson on Grady and then did a whole butt load of cross stitching. Even had an hour long skype conversation with Fabio. I really am going to miss him now that he is done with school and heading out into the real world. It will be weird, but that's why keeping in touch is the most important thing. There is no way I am going to lose the friendships that I have gained at school.

Well, I guess I am going to hang around and do stuff and maybe print a hard copy of one of my stories for editing purposes.

Oh, on another note. One year ago today my old computer was stolen from my locked room in my dorm. It's been a long time since then and much has happened, but I am glad to say it is all for the better.

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment