About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Think I Just Pooped My Spleen

The school week is over for me and I am happier than ever. It's been a long week. But there are a lot of good things that came out of the week. And today for that matter. I am all set up for an interview/meet and greet for my externship site. So that's really exciting. I am doing well in my classes and have been working out in new and different ways thanks to Mike. Sexy body here I come!! And I am going out with Aylin, Kathleen and Karen tomorrow night for lovely dancing time! I even purchased my climbing harness!

Then I went to the barn and everything went kind of wild. It ended well, but it was still kind of crazy. Grady was lame, so I lunged his goofy butt for a bit. Grace was riding Beau, who was actually being a pretty good boy. She ended up finishing with him and brought him back into his stall to untack him. Then I look up and he was running over Grace, running out of his stall bridleless and then bolted down the aisle. He then turned around and bolted down the other way and out the door. He was eventually cornered and caught in the other barn. He suffered no ill effects from the whole ordeal. His bridle ended up in pieces. Just wonderful. At least it was just the headstall that died. The reins, bit and flash noseband survived the ordeal amazingly enough. Tomorrow I got to go buy a new one. At least leather breaks!

Belle also got loose during the ordeal but at least it was in the indoor ring, though it didn't help that Jenny and me were both standing on the ground with our horses with Bell running like a wild thing. At least she was also caught quick and no one was the worse for wear. Poor Grace felt terrible about the bridle, but how was she supposed to know what Beau was going to do? At least it broke and not the horse. She is mos def getting compensated for everything she's had to deal with!

I am exhausted. Tomorrow I am going to run around like a freak, but it's okay. I have to get a new bridle, then try and find my externship site so I know where it is, maybe go to the gym, maybe go to the barn, and maybe go to EMS to look at climbing shoes because I am tired of renting strange ones. Who knows what is going to go.

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment