I cannot wait for this semester to be over with. It has been long and full of emotions and such. Joe has been driving us nuts and the career development instructor is just plain annoying. She really hates us and I believe she LOVES to hear herself talk. It really is a pain.
Yesterday Fabio and Joe got into an argument that was taken out into the hall because Joe was going on and on about how we need to know what the three macronutrients were and since no one was talking he kept on driving it deeper and deeper until Fabio told him we know it and he should lay off a bit. Well that didn't go well and Joe got defensive and it spiraled. When Tom walked in the room he couldn't believe how thick the tension was. The rest of the class happened in silence.
Today that class was okay, but the other career development class was not. We were talking about interview questions and stuff and it was just long and boring and the teacher pretty much talked the entire time. I tuned her out after five minutes, it was that bothersome. She just likes to hear her own voice. I don't know why. I find it annoying. By the end of that class we were done. And going home was a god send. For a short while.
Also yesterday I ended up going out and getting a few drinks with Alex after letting Fabio vent on the phone for about twenty minutes. It was nice to go out with him. We haven't done that in forever so it was good to just sit and catch up. We chatted about all kinds of things including Jeanette, which apparently drove him up a wall last week. Believe me, I can understand. She was driving me to distraction on Saturday when I went out with her and Reeni. She was just everywhere. After one glass of wine she is very lucid. After half a bottle, plus some she is VERY lucid and gets to the annoying phase. Ever since she turned 21 she has been like this. I don't know why. She goes out of her way to insult people and drive them insane. I don't understand the joy in that. With Reeni I can have a good heartfelt conversation, but with Jeanette she just shies away from it and goes on about drinking and how this is annoying and that is annoying. It gets really old after a while. I can see why Alex is practically done with it all. Why should he have to put up with her and her insults to his friends. That's not cool. I just don't know what to do. I really don't. It's probably why I can't hang out with her all the time. It's just too much for me. I have gotten to the point in my life where I am mature and trying to be mature and drinking excessively just makes me feel terrible. I'm not that young wild college kid that could drink a lot and be okay. I know what it does to your body and it isn't good.
The other thing that really bothered me was that Jeanette was determined to go to IHOP at 130am. As a PFT I know this is a giant RED FLAG OF DOOM. IHOP is not healthy no matter what anyone's justification is. It is terrible for you. And at 1am, what the hell is your body going to do with all those carbs? Store them as fat. I know this. And I also know how all this rich food makes me ill. I ate it under penalty of death. And felt ill afterward and sluggish the next day. I hated how Jeanette just didn't give a shit about anything I was trying to tell her about why I shouldn't be eating this stuff, but of course my opinions are null and void when she is drunk, so I suffered. I guess that's what happens. I really hate being cowed by her, but I would rather not rock the boat. Or flip it over for that matter. It just makes me work that much harder for everything that I want in life. Because I am going to get it first and be successful and that is that.
Three more days and one GIANT snowstorm stands between me and the end of the semester. It doesn't help that I am going to have Miss P and Joe next semester. Mentor and Mentee. Just great... Can I jump out the window now?? Let's just hope there is no snow tomorrow morning. Getting a surprise three inches this morning was not pleasant for driving to say the least. And with no more snow days this semester it has become do or die. Yay (sarcasm).
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment