Goodbye 2010. Hello 2011!!
I can't believe that it's a new year! It seems like yesterday was the start of 2010. Looking back at everything that has happened, I am extremely glad to say goodbye to 2010. It was not a good year. It really wasn't. There are so many memories that I look back on and wish I had never had to have them. Even though they were not the greatest memories ever, they changed and shaped the person that I am today. So I guess I can't wish them all away, but I do wish many of them gone. Let's recap a bit about 2010.
Student teaching for my last semester of college and all of the hell and stress and depression that went along with it. While it was a defining moment of my life, it is one I wish I have never experienced. I was just doing something I didn't want to do.
Fighting with my back injury. That was the worst injury I have ever had. Even though it started in 2009, it still went through quite a bit of 2010. And I still fight with it. It is far better than it ever has been before, but it is still there.
Saying goodbye to my Babci. This was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. She was such an important person in my life and it was just so hard to have to go through everything.
My Aunt and Uncle bascially disowning themselves from the family. Okay, while that seems like a bad thing, in many ways I am pretty glad they have gone away to Florida. Though they could have been nicer to my parents with my grandmother's house and stuff. Oh well.
Andrew. Yeah, that was not a good moment in my life. For my first boyfriend, it was a pretty stupid thing that I did jumping in the way I did. I think I was drunk for the entire five weeks we were together. That ended badly and we do not speak to this day. Which is fine by me. He was an alcoholic with too many issues to name.
Kyle. Now this one is an interesting one. While he was a great second boyfriend and we had so much fun together, it still ended after a little over two months. While I was glad that the relationship with Andrew ended, I wasn't so okay with this one. It ended suddenly and I wish I could figure out what had happened. I guess there are some things that we just can't explain or change. He can stay with his new plain Jane girlfriend. I'll find someone better.
Mike. Now, while I would rather not put him down here at all, I feel that it is something that needs to be done. He was a huge part of my life. Most of it took place in 2009 and earlier, it all came to an end in 2010. The pain and sadness did not end quickly and much of the end of 2010 was spent trying to pick up the broken pieces and start fresh again without him in my life. I still look back and wish things had been different between the two of us, but I can see now how much better off I am without him. He will always cross my mind and I will always wonder what he is doing and if we will ever talk again, but for now, I am better off without.
There were some good things as well.
Graduating from ECSU.
Competing in my first horse show in over 6 years.
Starting Branford Hall and loving what I do.
Meeting amazing people and spending time with my friends.
I am going into 2011 with a positive outlook. I will make this year a better one than 2010. It will be a good one, filled with good things and hopefully happy and surprising things. Let's see where the world takes me!
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment