About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Grandma is Driving Faster Than You!!

I have been bad at blogging this month. I am not sure why, but I have been slacking big time. So I am going to try and do better. We will see how long that lasts.

Thanksgiving with my family and Brian went really well. We managed to make all of the food and the stuffing and gravy tasted exactly like Babci's. It was hard, but somehow we managed to do it and I think in a lot of ways it was one of the most enjoyable Thanksgivings that we have had in a long time. We were surrounded by food and each other. Caring people who just want to have a good time. There was no bickering and my Dad carved the turkey. He's never carved it before. My uncle always has and he and my aunt are practically at each others throats about it so it was nice that it went smoothly and we laughed and had a good time. It would have been even better if Babci had been here, but, to tell you the truth, she was there. She was looking down and smiling because she was so proud of everything that we managed to do. And that's what makes me even happier.

Today I spent most of the day out at the barn. The vet came and looked at Grady again and he ended up getting his pastern and coffin bone injected with two different types of injections. We believe that that is going to really help him. He has a bandage on his leg now, but it comes off tomorrow and on Thursday he can go back into work. So for the next few days he rests and gets hand walked and then it's back to the grind. I am really hoping all this is going to really help him. He is probably going to have to get his hocks injected again in the spring, but we aren't worrying about that right now. He hasn't had them injected in almost 8 years so it's understandable.

Well, now that I am caught up on the biggest loser and such I am going to go relax for a little bit and then hit the sack.

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment