About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

You Can Do It!

Overall today was a pretty good day. I really enjoy good days because it makes me feel like I can accomplish anything. School went by pretty fast and I was able to show people that just because I am a girl, pretty and blond, doesn't mean I don't know what I am doing. I ended up partnered up with one of the new guys at the end of class and we were showing each other different exercises that we do. Well this kid is kind of into all that weight lifting and wrestling type stuff. He likes dumb bells and that's about it. You should have seen the look on his face when I pulled out the stability ball and explained and demonstrated how to do a double leg curl and a single leg curl. In less than thirty seconds I completely ripped him out of his comfort zone. Oops. Oh well! He was a good sport about it all even though I had to keep reminding him that I am a lot tougher than I look.

Apparently one of the other new girls thinks she knows everything and is doing things wrong. Chino was trying to be nice but he really wanted to show her that she really needed to learn more. He told me I get to be with her next and try and shape her up a bit. Oh boy. I guess this is what Chino means when he says that I am really good at what I do. Cool beans.

I even public spoke today in front of my peers about what services I am going to be selling in my business class. They liked my energy. I was quite proud of myself. I still get nervous in front of people though. I guess because they are my classmates and not students and the business teacher Joe is quite an intimidating (and handsome) individual.

My riding lesson on Beau even went well today. Gail put up jumps and I jumped a course and stuff to prepare for the show on Sunday. She told me I would be fine. When I told her that I was afraid of showing on Sunday because I didn't think it would go well and that I was afraid to disappoint myself and her, she looked at me and told me that I could never disappoint her. It was seriously one of the most amazing comments someone has ever told me. She told me I have come such a long way and I am doing a great job on a horse I don't usually ride. I just hope we can repeat this on Sunday and maybe win the big prize in the Lazy D Classic! Now that CJ is gone I should have a better shot at it. And in talking with Kit Kat, she hated her as well. And for many of the same reasons. I love my friends.

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment