About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Think My Beta Fish is Constipated

My poor fish looked so bad today that I was finally like I can't look at him struggle to swim like this anymore. So I did some research and found out that it is fixable. Apparently it is called a swim bladder disorder or constipation. The swim bladder helps fish swim and float and such. My mom didn't think it could bit it, but the symptoms matched up.

1. Swimming fine one day and then swimming sideways.
2. Swimming sideways.
3. Lying on the bottom of the tank.
4. Struggling to swim to the top of the bowl and looking as if there is a loss of buoyancy.
5, Listless.

Yup. He's got all of those. The poor thing. So it's fixable, so right now Phoebus is fasting for two days and then I have to try and feed him something of a cooked pea. And it should help him out. I hope so. The poor thing looks pretty bad. But he's looked like that since August. Oh well. We will just have to see what goes.

Well, I made it through the week. Sort of. Tomorrow I have to go to my grandmother's house to clean out more stuff and meet these Dutiful Daughter people, then go to a riding lesson, then go to a wake. One of the girls at the barn's mother just passed away. It's really upsetting for her, but her mother has been sick for a while. It's still so sad.

Sigh.

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment