About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sprinkler Roulette

Every single month has a day that is dubbed "the ides." The ides of March is the 15th when Caesar was assassinated. Apparently the ides of October happens to be the 13th. And here is why.

1. My mom's coworker's daughter died today in a freak incident.
2. My Aunt's dog Max got hit by a car.
3. My horse injured himself (supposedly a suspensory ligament injury that can take 3 to 5 months to heal).

Yeah. What a crappy day. Grady to me is the worst. He is my life. My sun and stars and the bright spot in my life. When I spend time with him and ride him I feel free and feel as if I can take on the entire world. When he is injured I feel as if everything has gone dark and I am suddenly alone. I know there are so many people around me who are helping me and helping him but it is still terribly hard. I put on a smile and a brave face and keep on going, but inside I feel dead. He was coming along so nicely and we were slowly making improvements in our riding and now this. He could be out till April or later. The entire winter. All my work gone. I just feel like I climbed up the mountain only to fall back down again. I've done this over and over again and each time I have come out on top, but if feels like each time is a little bit harder. Until then I am armed and dangerous with ice packs and a lazer. Oh yeah!

Tomorrow I am supposed to be going out to dinner with everyone at Buffalo Wild Wings. It should be interesting since I haven't seen Kyle since we broke up about a month ago, but in some way I am kind of looking forward to it. After talking to a few of my classmates I am going to go in and pretend nothing happened. Hug and ask with enthusiasm how he has been and such and pretend nothing happened. I have already planned my outfit tomorrow so I am going to look like a smoking hot vixen. Oh yeah!

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment