I can't believe that I completely forgot to blog yesterday. I realized it this morning and was like, wow. But this time I remembered, barely. It has been a crazy sort of day. I have been going and going all day. This is the first time that I have been able to sit down and actually have some time for myself. Yesterday was a little chaotic as well.
Yesterday and went to get a new phone with my mom. The two of us were up for upgrades, and we desperately want/need them. My mom ended up getting the LG Ally which is a touch screen with a keypad. It's a very cool phone and we have all been playing around with it. She is finally figuring out how to use it for things. My phone is back ordered until the first or second week of August. The Droid Incredible. I cannot wait. I have the case and screen protectors. Now I just need the phone! By the time I get it I should be an old hat at touch screens. I just hope I get it before I go on vacation.
Writer's group was also yesterday. We met in the evening at Starbucks and Jaci, Kelly and I chatted, looked over comments and revisions and then did our usual freewrite. Kelly was all excited over all of the comments that I gave her to help her out with her plethora of awkward sentences as she tries to find the right voice. I have edited the first chapter of my story quite a bit, but I am going to move onto the second chapter and eventually go back and fix things after I go through the whole thing. In the meantime since Poison Mystery is at a wake and a funeral and I am not ready to write that yet, I have moved on to short stories for Collections of Nightmares. I have one in the works and ideas for three more on my desk. My desk is covered in Post It notes.
Today was wild and crazy. I went to a family party early in the day and then went to my neighbors house. They have a family weekend every July where their family and the neighbors get together and catch up. Us and our other neighbors have been going for so long that we have just become part of the family and are welcomed excitedly. It's just one giant family with food and games and the family t-shirts. Always a different color every year with their family crest.
After the party we came home, changed again and then went off to see our friend's art exhibit. Naia paints horse pictures, usually modeled and inspired by her beautiful mare Flame. She was very excited to display her art and there were a lot of people that came through to look at them and other artists that were on display. She was really happy for the support from all of us.
Tomorrow is the final for the FIFA World Cup and then on Monday I start my two week job overseeing troubled Hartford teens. That should be interesting. We will see how it all goes. Now I think I am going to go try some writing for a little while. Or a long while. Depending on how well my creative mind decides to work.
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment