I am completely exhausted after today. It has been a very long and stressful day. I just can't wait for Saturday of next week because that means I can relax and do nothing. Which sounds fabulous. No work. No horse shows. No nothing. Just me and the gym. I like this very much.
Tomorrow is the horse show. Right now I am not really that nervous. My lesson today went really well and Grady was fabulous. I know the flat will be fine and the jumping shouldn't be terrible. I just have to remember to ride and balance my horse in the middle of the line. If I do that and take my time it will all be perfect. I hope. After the lesson, we hosed the horses off and went to get Subway with another little girl Allie. She had a lesson earlier and was hanging around to be picked up so she came with us and we bought her food. We then came back and ate and then cleaned tack and made it all pretty. Then we shaved and bathed Beau which was good because we had just put him in his stall with hay when Grace came to braid him. While she did that we clipped and bathed Grady and put him in his stall with hay so that he could be braided next. That's when I left to go let Jocelyn's puppies out and feed them.
This is where life went downhill. I got to the house and the doggies were happy to see me, so I put on their electric collars and let them out in the dog run that is attached to the garage to let them potty. Well, while I did this, the door closed behind me and locked me out. Uh oh. My phone and keys were in the house. And there was no way for me to get in. If I had the garage door opener it would be fine, but of course that's in the house. So I wander over to the neighbors. I struck out twice before the people across the street let me use their phone. I got a hold of my mom who had my dad come. We ended up taking the dogs back to my house where they roamed around the yard with Huey. Eventually I got numbers for Jocelyn (thank god for Facebook!) and eventually got a hold of them for the garage door code. So I took the puppies back home and they were so excited. I got back in the house, fed them, played with them and then said goodbye. It all ended well, but I am still kicking myself for not taking my keys and phone with me. But it's all good and the doggies went on an adventure with me. Yes. My life is just that crazy.
Ali and I have gotten all the stuff we need for tomorrow together and all ready to go. All we have to do is get dressed and grab the stuff and we are gone. We are leaving the barn between 9 and 930am and our classes go off at around 11. We are the first few divisions so we should get done fast and then be able to get the horses home early. Right now I am not really nervous. It's actually been more quirky than anything. Ali ended up looking for the hunt pins for the collar of my shirt for like 20 minutes because she put them in a place she wouldn't forget and forgot anyways. We found them so it's all good. Now I think I am going to watch an episode of True Blood and maybe knit before bed.
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment