About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Why Do Songs Remind Me of You?

"And now,
I miss everything about you
Can't believe that I still want you
And after all the things we've been through
I miss everything about you
Without you."
~I Never Told You by Colbie Caillat~

Have you ever been sitting listening to music when all of a sudden a song comes on and you freeze because every lyric that is sung reminds you of someone you can't seem to forget? That's what happened tonight with this song. It came up on my itunes and I suddenly missed him all over again. Just when I think I have moved on and am ready to take the next step I suddenly find myself dwelling on him again and wishing things had been different.

I guess we all have moments of weakness. We are only human after all. Still, it was something that I didn't want to think about at the moment. There are days when I wish I had never met him and there are days when I wish that things could have been different between the two of us. I haven't heard from him in a long while and in some ways hope it stays like that and in other ways I wish I could talk to him one more time. I don't know what I would do if he randomly talked to me again, but hopefully I won't have to face that for a while.

Well I guess I am going to continue to poke at my writing without much interest and then eventually go to bed.

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment