About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's Like a Hurricane and a Tornado!!

We have seriously had some of the most wild weather in Connecticut today! The state was ravaged by severe thunderstorms. And when I mean severe I mean severe! Hartford county (where I happen to live) had a tornado warning! And the town next to mine actually had a tornado and tons of damage! The barn (where I was not at) lost power and water. My mom and I watched the storm from our kitchen. The two of us were standing at the kitchen door to the deck and watching the trees whip around as the rain poured down and the lightning did those scary flash bangs that I hate so much. Some of them definitely sounded as if they hit something. It was scary! That's when my mom and I turned on the tv and got the news and heard about the tornado warning and how we needed to get to a ground level floor and stay away from windows. Oops. Oh well! It was still impressive. I have never seen anything like it before!

Today wasn't a good day at work. I have never been so frustrated before. Okay, I have been but I haven't felt like that in a long ass time. I only have two days left but I am at the point where I don't even want to finish. They have pretty much run out of things to do with the Hartford kids and they are getting bored and I am so done right now. If I have to do stupid menial tasks like washing rags that have been washed twelve times over or clean the damn barn again I might just scream. There is nothing left to do. If they had something constructive for us to do then it would be different, but right now there is nothing but busy work. I hate it more than anything. I sat and chatted with Alex (the Mexican barn hand) for a while when I was overseeing kids weed-whacking. Even he is tired and such with it. Going tomorrow makes me feel so upset already. I am going to mention it to Lori. Maybe she can think of something. If I have to clean those stall bars and tack trunks one more time I might just walk away. I just can't do it anymore.

On a happier note I got my barn jeans. That was after my mom yelled at me about paper clipping my pants back together. I ended up going to goodwill and got some barn jeans and jeans for regular wear. Five pairs for $35. I can't say no to that.

I also finished the first season of True Blood. I loved it! I cannot wait to watch more tomorrow. Yes. I am an addict.

You know where I wish I was right now? The Seattle area so I can see my bestie Abby. I miss her so much and right now from reading her blog and talking to her this afternoon she is having a hard time. She is such a brave person and I know she can make it. If anyone can its definitely her. I just wish I could be there and hug her, tell her that and then laugh late into the night. Hang in there, love. I love you so much!

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment