Today I finished my last day at work and it ended very well. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Even though I was beyond exhausted and ready to be done, I found myself sad to see the kids going off to complete their last three weeks of work in Hartford. We all helped each other clean the stalls today and work on building the kick wall in the indoor. Then some of the kids who wanted to ride got to get on some of the horses and walk and trot around with the counselors for a little bit. They also got to learn how to untack and brush the horses as well. At the end, we all got pizza and then played a rousing game of kickball in the indoor ring. Camp against Hartford Voag. Oh it was great! Everyone was all excited and Lori and Ruth watched all of us play. Kim Dance and Alex played as well and it was just a great ending. The girls gave me hugs as they left and that was that. I was given my money and was told my Ruth and Lori how much they loved and appreciated what I did. It was just a good day.
The rest of the day was spent at home going through old magazines, knitting (because finally I have some time to knit again) and napping. My sister ended up putting the dog on top of me while I was passed out on the couch. I guess that's my fault for staying out too late. Oh well. It was worth it all.
Tomorrow will be interesting. I am supposed to go work on cleaning out my grandmother's kitchen tomorrow with my mom and my sister. I have not stepped foot in the house since she died and I am a little afraid too. I don't know how strong I am but I am going to have to try and see how it all goes. Maybe we can bring some music to listen to to pass the time. I wouldn't mind that at all because that would make things a little lighter. We will see.
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment