Oh the South!! Let me tell you I have had the most amazing night here in Norfolk, VA at the Grate Steak restaurant, a gas station and Walmart! I don't even know where to begin with it all but I guess I could start from the beginning and leaving New Jersey. That would just be the easiest for me.
We left New Jersey a little later than we expected but that is about par for my family. We had the dogs for the evening and Kodi and Daisy were kind of crazy but that is usual for them. We were about to start loading up the car when all three dogs were going crazy and looking out the window. My dad looks out and tells us Aunt Karen is walking to the door. Now she was supposed to leave with the rest of my family at 7am this morning. She comes in and explains her tooth ache got worse in the night and she had an appointment at 1130am to get her root canal done and get medications for it and such. They were going to be leaving after she got done. So we packed up and said goodbye.
The trip was boring. I watched about 15 minutes of a movie before falling asleep and taking a nap for a bit. Then I woke up and we found a Chic-fil-a and had some amazingly fattening food before heading back off. I ended up putting up my headphones and finishing my book and found myself almost in Norfolk. We went over the bridge-tunnel and saw a couple ships pass by before heading to the hotel.
We get to the hotel and, as we did last year, there was a giant party/reunion thing and there were so many people wearing the most bizarre things I have ever seen. But I guess that is just the people down here. We got to the room and collapsed for a little bit before getting a phone call from my Aunt Karen. They were only thirteen miles from the bridge/tunnel and heading our direction. They hadn't had dinner yet so they ended up meeting us at the hotel and we all went off to the Grate Steak for amazing food. While we were there my aunt ended up taking some Vicodin and such and got loopy/buzzed. At one point I look over at her and asked her if she was shuffling the napkins. She looked at me and told me that they had a pretty pattern.
After the food we split directions and they headed to their hotel farther away and we heading to Walmart to get some things. We stopped for gas first. And saw a transvestite. That's right. A transvestite. It was the most amazing and hysterical thing I have ever seen in my entire life! Then we found a Walmart and went in to grab some stuff. At 10pm this Walmart was popping! I have never seen so many people gravitate to one place like that before. These were some of the strangest and most amazingly amusing people I have ever seen. Some of the outfits! Oh my god! It was spectacular!!
Now we are back at the hotel and watching some television and stuff. I will probably knit for a little bit and such before we all go to bed. Tomorrow is the last leg of the trip to Myrtle Beach! I cannot even wait to get there and go swimming! Unfortunately my monthly friend decided to visit me, so I might get eaten by sharks, but I am going to do everything in my power to avoid that!
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment