About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Brunhilda! Don't Take My Umbrella!

Today was the final day at the beach and boy was it sad! I always hate the last day. I just look at the beach and the water and tell myself I never want to leave. I would love to be able to stay down here for an entire month and sit on the beach everyday and just do nothing, but that is not reality at all. I wish it was though.

We spent the entire day on the beach. The more time we could stay the better. The weather was still being very weird and it remained mostly cloudy all day so sunburn wasn't that big of a deal. It was nice though because it wasn't as hot and unbearable as it had been with the sun shining directly on us. The water was amazing and we spent as much time as possible out in the water. We were so water logged. It was epic. At one point some fish in distress leaped out of the water and my aunt freaked out and then we all swam with caution looking for the bigger creature that had the fish. I ended up getting a daiquiri for the first time at the beach and found it phenomenal. If I had about three more of those it would have been amazing but I kept it down.

We also watched the Brunhilda lady in her Brazilian skirts come and take down all the umbrellas and chairs. She is a rather surly woman who doesn't care if you're sitting under the umbrella or not. She takes it. My aunt got a huge kick out of making comments about her all week. Made my life complete.

Dinner was seafood and leftovers and then we headed off to do a little shopping. Now I am back at the condo and have collapsed. Tomorrow we are leaving here by 11am and heading back to Norfolk. Hopefully the crazy circus will not be at the hotel there this time. Knowing our luck, they will be there. Oh well.

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment