Oh my, where do I even begin about today? I feel like I have been going and going and going and now that I am sitting down I realize just how tired I am. It didn't help that I had to get up mad early and didn't make it to the beach at all today.
My Aunt Karen decided to sign us all up for a jeep tour safari. Unfortunately, we were being picked up at 9am. Yeah. That's not my idea of fun, but my aunt insisted and so we went. It was ungodly hot and surprisingly sunny even though the weather was supposed to be iffy. The jeep was all open and we drove everywhere. At least we had a roof covering to shade us from the sun and when the jeep was in motion the air blowing against us felt good. We learned a lot of history and actually had a pretty good time. We stopped at a marshland park and got to see storks in the dozens which are never there as well as an alligator in the salt marsh which is extremely rare. He was out of the water and we could see every inch of him. We even got to see Spoonbill Flamingos which are extremely rare as well. That was a treat and a half. We eventually stopped at a graveyard and saw all kinds of cool graves including this girl Alice who died looking for a wedding ring and if you circle around her grave counter-clockwise backwards thirteen times and tell her you found her ring, she will grant you a wish. I think it's pretty cool. I also saw a grasshopper the size of my hand on a gravestone and then a banana spider that was also the size of my hand. Suddenly, I am glad I don't live there year round.
We got back to the condo much later than expected and grabbed some food from the poolside grill and ran back upstairs where we collapsed. We were going to go to the beach or the pool for a bit but then a huge thunderstorm rolled through the area before we could make it out there. It didn't clear up till we went to dinner at around 730pm. But we didn't waste the day. We went to the bookstore and then the Bass pro shops which was pretty cool.
Dinner was at Captain George's Buffet. They have so much food and it's all you can eat. And you need a crane to get out of the place. I love the food and was glad we were able to come back to it again this year. After that we came back to the condo and I went swimming in the pool with my Uncle Bob and my cousin Nick. We had a good time and tried to ignore the obnoxious brats in the pool that thought they were cool. Yeah. You are so not twenty-one and you are beyond immature. Yup.
Now I have collapsed. Tomorrow is the final beach day and I am extremely sad, but we are going to be spending as much time out there as physically possible. Oh how I am going to miss this!
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment