About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

As We Reach The End

Well. It is official. My April break is sadly coming to a close and on Monday I will be back to getting up at 530am and teaching kids history. It's not that I don't like teaching. It's okay. It's not great and it's not terrible, but it is definitely something I don't want to do for the rest of my life. I want to do something that doesn't involve me dealing with stupid people and people who don't care. This break was nice. I really needed it, but at the same time it was a bit of a tease for me. Now I am already on break mode and ready to do nothing all summer. Now that I have to go back for five weeks I am really going into senioritis mode. I could slough off and stuff but that is something I can't even do. I have to perform to the nines until the very last day. What a lovely thought.

I spent last night hanging out with my best friend Jocelyn. I got home late and was unmotivated to update my blog. It was a great time. As always we went to Denny's and had breakfast and chatted about everything from boys to school and beyond. After Denny's we went back to her house and hung out and watched Walle and just had a great time. I have known her since middle school and consider her to be one of my very best friends. I hardly get to see her anymore and when July comes she will be on her clinical and I will see even less of her, but I am sure we will figure something out. That is what we are best at.

My lesson on Grady went well today and things are really starting to fall into place. It has taken a long while but the two of us are really coming together. I am starting to figure out what he does and how to fix it when things start to go badly. We can successfully get to jumps and are starting to find distances easier. It's still going to take some time to work all of the kinks out so that we operate as one unit, but I am hoping things will come together for the 2010 show season.

There are lots of CHSA (Connecticut Horse Shows Association) rates shows. You try to go to as many shows as possible that are rated as such and try to get as many points as you possibly can. If you get enough points you might be invited to go to the CHSA Finals. For local showing it's a pretty big deal to get to the finals. I don't know if it will happen this season or not but it is worth trying to go for it. Who knows. Maybe things will work out and one or both me and my sister will get there. I just hope I will be able to get my horse to go around the ring like a gentleman. We will just have to see what happens.

My lesson planning is pretty much all done and I think I am going to be okay on Monday. I only teach two classes and it should be an easy day. I hope...

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment