"Cut my hair cuz it reminded me of you
I know you like the long do
had to switch my attitude up."
~Kristina Debarge - Goodbye~
"I look so good without you
got me a new hair do
lookin' fresh and brand new."
~Jessie James - I Look So Good Without You~
I know you like the long do
had to switch my attitude up."
~Kristina Debarge - Goodbye~
"I look so good without you
got me a new hair do
lookin' fresh and brand new."
~Jessie James - I Look So Good Without You~
Well I finally did it. I got my hair cut shorter and put in some red highlights. I didn't cut off as much hair as I first intended to. I was going to cut a whole bunch off and have it at my shoulders, but I decided against it because I really really like my long hair. So I chopped off about 2 and a half inches instead. Then it was time for the highlighting. I had like twelve different reds to pick from and in the end we ended up taking two different types of red and mixing them half and half. We didn't highlight my entire head, but we alternated with thicker and thinner chunks of red. I was a little nervous about the whole thing because I had no idea what to expect, but in the end it turned out amazing. I looked in the mirror and loved my hair and loved the girl staring back at me. Sure, that could change tomorrow, but for right now I am happy. I have always wanted red highlights and now that I have them I feel like I have fulfilled something huge in my life. My mother is none too pleased with me right now, but I don't care. This is my hair and I am going to do what I want with it.

The other big reason I changed my hair up like this was because both Andrew and Mike loved the long, curly blond hair. And part of the reason that I re-permed it in the first place was because Mike really liked it and wanted me to do it. When I look in the mirror and see that curly hair I see Mike and Andrew and right now I want to see neither. I want to be me. I want to be someone I want to be. I look at my new hair and see someone fresh and brand new. Someone fierce. I want people to look at me and see someone who is serious and smart and not just the usual dumb blond. So far everyone who has seen my hair really likes it. It's interesting to see it quite a bit darker than usual, but it's one of those things that is going to take some getting used to.


Last night was all sorts of fun. I went out with Jeanette, Kristen and Ashlee. We had a great time at Blarney's and just kind of kicked back and had a good time with everyone else we knew. Alex was there just like he said he was and it was awesome to hang out and talk with him a bunch again. Eric was also there. Now things are interesting with him. He told Reeni a while back that he thought I was hot and stuff and we hung out and he made it pretty clear that he liked me, but I wasn't sure how I felt. Well, I am thinking it's kind of happening again, but who knows. He chatted with me and such a whole bunch. I haven't really talked to him one on one in a long time. Eventually we ended up leaving because Ashlee was getting majorly creeped on by some guy. Alex caught up to us as we were leaving and I gave him a hug and such. There is just something about that kid that makes me feel safe and comfortable. I know he cares a lot about me and such and I know that he would do anything to help me.
Today wasn't super exciting. Kristen was uber sick from last night so I kind of watched television all day before eventually rolling home to get my hair done. Remember how I mentioned a couple posts ago that Mike and I were supposed to be drinking yesterday? Well the little jerk ran for home without so much as a word to me. I'm so glad I have friends who want to hang out with me. Because he clearly doesn't care at all if he hangs out with me or not. He's probably shacked up with some bimbo somewhere as always. Whatever. I am better off without him.
Tonight is going to be boring. I am at work until 1am and there is no one here on campus. At least I am working with Bethany. It makes everything that much better.
~Dragon Eyes~
The other big reason I changed my hair up like this was because both Andrew and Mike loved the long, curly blond hair. And part of the reason that I re-permed it in the first place was because Mike really liked it and wanted me to do it. When I look in the mirror and see that curly hair I see Mike and Andrew and right now I want to see neither. I want to be me. I want to be someone I want to be. I look at my new hair and see someone fresh and brand new. Someone fierce. I want people to look at me and see someone who is serious and smart and not just the usual dumb blond. So far everyone who has seen my hair really likes it. It's interesting to see it quite a bit darker than usual, but it's one of those things that is going to take some getting used to.
Last night was all sorts of fun. I went out with Jeanette, Kristen and Ashlee. We had a great time at Blarney's and just kind of kicked back and had a good time with everyone else we knew. Alex was there just like he said he was and it was awesome to hang out and talk with him a bunch again. Eric was also there. Now things are interesting with him. He told Reeni a while back that he thought I was hot and stuff and we hung out and he made it pretty clear that he liked me, but I wasn't sure how I felt. Well, I am thinking it's kind of happening again, but who knows. He chatted with me and such a whole bunch. I haven't really talked to him one on one in a long time. Eventually we ended up leaving because Ashlee was getting majorly creeped on by some guy. Alex caught up to us as we were leaving and I gave him a hug and such. There is just something about that kid that makes me feel safe and comfortable. I know he cares a lot about me and such and I know that he would do anything to help me.
Today wasn't super exciting. Kristen was uber sick from last night so I kind of watched television all day before eventually rolling home to get my hair done. Remember how I mentioned a couple posts ago that Mike and I were supposed to be drinking yesterday? Well the little jerk ran for home without so much as a word to me. I'm so glad I have friends who want to hang out with me. Because he clearly doesn't care at all if he hangs out with me or not. He's probably shacked up with some bimbo somewhere as always. Whatever. I am better off without him.
Tonight is going to be boring. I am at work until 1am and there is no one here on campus. At least I am working with Bethany. It makes everything that much better.
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment