"Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with."
~Mac MacGuff from Juno~
~Mac MacGuff from Juno~
I am actually feeling okay about teaching my lesson to my two classes tomorrow. I was going nuts because I was trying to figure out how to teach the Enlightenment and what I should and stuff like that. I want to make it interesting...or more interesting. Honestly I hate the Enlightenment. It is an annoying and boring piece of history. But it's important. It is the foundation of democracy. So I kind of need to teach it. I have a power point and interactive activities and charts and such. I am hoping this will work well tomorrow so that it works great for my observation with this on Thursday. I am willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. I hate being observed but this should be my second to last one. I think. I am hoping so. I need this to be over with.
I actually hung out with my roommates for a while today. It was Keri and Jen that I watched a movie with as well as with Alex Pach. We watched the Virgin Suicides or something like that. What a messed up movie!! I was uber confused. It wasn't the best movie I have ever seen but it wasn't the worse either. I just couldn't figure out what would make these five sisters feel like there was nothing left for them in life. Honestly, life sucks. There's no other way to describe it. But there is always another option. Apparently these girls didn't think so. Oh well. Their loss not mine.
I watched the movie Juno tonight while I was lesson planning. It's a good movie, but I always get choked up at the end. Bleeker comes in and curls up in the bed with Juno and she cries. The song Sea of Love by Cat Power comes on and I just lose it. There are lots of times where I just feel alone and helpless and wish there was some nice guy who would curl up with me and just be my silent friend. I don't need words of comfort. Just his presence. Oh I wish I had someone like that.
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment