My brain seriously feels like a pile of mush right now. I went to this certification meeting for student teachers this evening. Let's just say I walked out of there even more confused and jaded than when I walked into that room at 5pm. This is seriously the most complicated system ever and the certificates have to be renewed after so many years. Ugh. I seriously have no idea where to start with it all and frankly I don't give a damn as they say in Gone With the Wind. I am so done with the whole education system of America. After finding out today that the budget for East Haddam school systems is pretty much being completely cut and that these crazy people are calling the schools incompetent and stating we shouldn't waste money on those that can't be helped really steamed my clams. People are so dumb. If there is more money put into the schools then the students will have more resources to use and will improve. How dare they call kids a waste of time! It's just so corrupt and unfair. This is the one thing that keeps me going back day after day. The kids have every right to learn. And they constantly get the short end of the stick. It sucks and I am determined to make every bit of difference that I can and leave some sort of mark, if any with them.
On a happier note I got a phone call from the Branford Hall people and I now have an appointment on Tuesday to meet with them and talk to them about the personal fitness trainer program there. I am so excited! I can't wait to see what is offered! According to Larry, it is one of the largest job markets out there and is most popular on the east coast, especially New England! Pretty much I will have a job lined up for me when I am done! I can't say the same about teaching. I can't wait to meet with Larry and discuss the program and everything and find out what it all entails. My mom still isn't super thrilled but I keep telling her how much I want to do something that I love. I'll see what goes on Tuesday. I know I am going to have a lot of work to do over the summer. I have to get into better shape, lose weight and tone up. I know it's going to be hard and that it won't happen instantly, but I think trying to get a personal trainer myself will also help. This coming week I will talk to the people at the YMCA in my town and see what they have to say about personal trainer prices and just job opportunities for me over the summer. Who knows?
I got to see both Abby and Amanda today! I feel like I haven't seen them in forever! It was so nice to see them for even just a few minutes and such. I also ran around with Lena and Veronica as well as Kevin and Kerri and other people who had ventured down to DQ. I also ran into Alex Moura today. He was so funny! He almost didn't recognize me with my hair! He saw me at the gym yesterday briefly. He was talking to Kerri, so I only waved to him. Didn't want to disrupt him while he was chatting and maybe making plans with her. But he liked my hair and such. I am sure I am going to run into him again because I want to hit him up about Kerri and see what happened with that.
Other than that I have nothing super new to report except that Mike still hasn't talked to me and it has been over a week. Oh well. His loss. I am now off to play some Sims 3 and hopefully not electrocute and kill my sim like I did last night!! That was so bad!
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment