In my unhappiness this morning driving to school to teach when I didn't want to and to be observed, which is one of the most terrifying things in my book, when I had an epiphany. I realized that all along I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life. What is my most favorite thing to do? Go to the gym. Where can people always find me? At the gym. What is the one place where I always say my heart belongs? The gym. And there is my answer and career choice. I love the gym. I want to be a personal fitness trainer. Why didn't I see it before? It's perfect. It's everything I want to do in life. Spend my life at the gym, where comfortable gym clothes all day, and teach people how to exercise properly and get the best results possible. This is a job I can see myself doing for the rest of my life. This is something that I want to do and look forward to doing. I have no idea what my parents are going to say to all of this but I really don't care. This is something that I really want to do and no one can tell me I can't do it.
Yes. I know I just did a complete 180. For the last four years I have been training to be a high school history teacher. That was what I was going to do since the time I started school. And now, less than two months to graduation, I decide that this is what I really want to do. Oops. Better late than never, I guess. Everyone I mention it to thinks that it's awesome and could so see me doing it. I already looked it up and there is a place called Branford Hall right in my town that offers it! I sent a message and received a phone call which I am going to return tomorrow. I'm very excited. For the first time in a long time I am actually happy about doing something. Finally.
I survived school. My observation went okay. It wasn't stellar my all means and I felt I could have done so much better. But now that I found where my heart truly lies it makes it even harder for me to go back and keep going. I see no point to any of it anymore. I wasn't cut out to be a teacher and I know this now. If I had known about being a personal fitness trainer earlier I could have saved myself the trouble of the education program and student teaching. Oh well. I guess everything happens for a reason. I just have to make it through the next three days and then I have a week off. Three days seems so far away...
~Dragon Eyes~
You go girl! This is what happened with me and massage therapy...it just kinda happened. Good luck love! <3
ReplyDeleteGood luck!! It is a perfect fit for you <3 I am sure you will be much happier when you're working toward that career and actually do it!
ReplyDelete