About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Great Orator Has Been Silenced

Okay, I am not the greatest orator in the world, but I thought it was fitting since I am teaching my students about the French Revolution. Robespierre was a great orator who called for the death of thousands of people by the guillotine during the Reign of Terror. It eventually got so out of control that the people came after him. He tried to kill himself but failed miserably and ended up shooting himself in the jaw, shattering the bone and silencing him forever. I figured it was all relevant seeing as my voice has been silenced as well. It takes so much energy right now to even project my voice far enough for a person standing near me to hear. My throat is so sore and now I have a lovely cough that has appeared as well. But my voice is the big thing. I have no voice. It is gone. Oh well. I guess that happens sometimes, and I shouldn't really complain since my teacher did most of the teaching today since I couldn't talk. He will probably have to do the same thing again tomorrow, but that's okay with me.

I am trying to look on the bright side of life. While Mike is being an ass I have figured out how much better off I am and how much more I have going for me. I have so many amazing friends that surround me on a daily basis. No matter where I go I manage to run into someone and there are more than enough people to talk to. I can always turn to someone. School is almost over. Only three more weeks after this week. I cannot believe I only have three weeks left of student teaching. I cannot wait. I am so ready to be done. And speaking of student teaching I am almost finished with my portfolio. That was a coup for me! I am so lazy and unmotivated at the moment that getting any of it done is incredible.

This Saturday I am supposed to be going to NYC for the day with the history club. We are leaving bright and early and we are coming back before 7pm so I can make it to work and the freshmen can make it to the dining hall before it closes. I am supposed to be going with my my teacher and my students on the same day but they aren't coming back until 10pm and that is way too late for me. I have to tell them I won't be going with them because of that and hope we don't take the same train. That would be awkward.

Sunday is my best friend Jocelyn's 22nd birthday. I am super excited because I get to hang out with her all day. We are going to get together early and catch up and have our crochet and knitting party. She crochets and I knit. We are actually going to collaborate in our efforts and try and make a profit. She has an etsy page that has her jewelry and crocheted items, and we are going to include some of my stuff as well to try and boost income a bit. I hope the two of us are successful. That would be amazing.

Otherwise that is all I have for now. Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon. I really do hate being sick. It's no fun at all.

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment