Well, let's just say that this day did not go as I planned at all. I woke up this morning and was all ready for the half day and teaching and professional development. In the end I never ever made it to my school to do any of those things. I got railroaded when I was changing and getting ready in the morning. Some unknown little creepy crawler decided that my slipper was a great place to make its home and found my foot to be a very unwelcome guest. So it decided to bite me at the base of my little toe on my right foot. Now I had absolutely no idea what had happened and thought nothing of it. That was until I went to put on my socks right before I left. I looked down and discovered that my small toe was swollen. That's when I wondered if I had been bitten by something. I hoped that wasn't the case, and if it was, I hoped it wasn't poisonous. So I slipped on my sneakers and walked to my car and left for school. I didn't get very far when I realized that my foot felt funny and when I got to a light at the end of the route 6 highway I discovered that my foot and my ankle was swollen. Uh oh. So I called my dad in a panic and ended up turning for home. I then emailed everyone I needed to email and called my school and let then know I was having a problem. I then followed my dad's advice, put ice on my toe, elevated my leg and went back to sleep.
I woke up around 10am, made an appointment with health services and then called my mom, who had no idea any of this had happened because my dad doesn't believe in leaving notes for anyone. Go figure. Well I talked to her for a bit then ended up watching the Dark Knight with Jeanette because once again she didn't have school because of flooding. That was all sorts of fun. I eventually went to health services where they had no idea what happened to me and weren't sure if it was a bite at all even though I think and feel like my foot is still swollen. It doesn't feel right, that's for sure. So who knows. The rest of the day was spent hanging around, going to get ice cream with Ali and Stephanie at Friendly's and then going to class.
Tonight I went and grabbed dinner with Kevin in the student center. Kevin was a resident in Crandall last year. He's a big sweetheart and a fun person to be around; not to mention cute. But we went and grabbed some dinner and caught up and what was going on in our lives. It was nice to get away from everything and everyone and hang out with someone new and different. Honestly, out of the three years I have worked in Crandall I liked last year the best. Those were some of the best and most memorable residents ever. All in all it was low key and just a good time. It was nice to get away.
I have made a decision. And it's a big decision and I am so sticking to it this time. If I don't then I need to be yelled at. Tomorrow night I am supposed to be drinking with Mike. That isn't going to happen. If he is going to blow me off I am going to do the same thing to him. I am going to drink with Jeanette and my friend Kristen who is coming up and who I have not seen all semester because since she is a commuter she is on campus once a week for class on Mondays. We are probably going to go to the bar and meet up with Alex Moura as well. All in all a good time. I am not going to hang with Mike. Forget that. I don't need it and will probably have more fun with my friends than him. We are going to have to see how all of that goes, but I am not going to give in. I don't care what he says. This is twice he has bailed with no word to me at all and that is rude and disrespectful to me. I wonder if he is going to talk to me at all tomorrow. We will just have to wait and see what the day holds in store for me.
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment