Apparently this guy had come to visit Jen and excused himself to go to the bathroom. On his way down the hall he broke into my room, stole my computer and then fled to the bathroom with it. That's when Keri came back and ran to the bathroom because she needed to use it. On her way down the hall she noticed that my door was ajar, thought it was funny but dismissed it. When she was in the bathroom, she saw his jacket sitting on top of the giant thing of toilet paper. Well, it wasn't just sitting there. It was laid out completely flat as if it was covering something. That also sparked something as weird but she didn't put the pieces together. That's when he came back down the hall and freaked out that Keri was in the bathroom, so she left. That was when he must have used Jen's backpack to slip the computer inside and then make his getaway. I wonder what would have happened if Keri had lifted up that jacket and found my computer underneath. Would he have hurt her for it? Would he have hurt Jen for it? I don't know. It's probably better that she didn't find it. And he was still in the room when I came back, had the audacity to say he was sorry about my computer to my face before fleeing the scene with my computer.
Right now Keri and Jen are working together with the Willimantic police to get this guy caught and put behind bars for a long time. Stealing computers is just the tip of the iceberg for this guy who is a Willimantic local and homeless to boot. My computer most likely went for drug money. But Keri and Jen are working on putting his picture on the inside of our door so we know what he looks like and not to let him into the room. He is currently banned from campus and if he is found here, the police are being called and he is being arrested on the spot. He has threatened Jen, telling her that she better hope he doesn't find her car and telling her to watch her back. Jen isn't allowed to go anywhere alone at the moment and Keri carries a knife for fear of her safety.
That is the latest scuttlebutt from my room. Peachy, huh?

Other than that my day has been rather low key. Teaching went okay today and the rest of the week is mostly research with the students so that's not bad. I'm still working on when I'm going to get together with Andrew and lay down the news about us not being right for each other. I'm afraid to hurt him, but at the same time I don't want to be with him like that and don't want to lead him on. It will be hard and he will probably take it hard, but it's for the best. I'd rather it be now then even more months down the road. I hope we can overcome this.
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment