About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pain, Loss and Fear

"Nothing can be meaner than the anxiety to live on, to live on anyhow and in any shape."
~George Santayana~

This was the weekend that was the straw that broke the camel's back. This weekend my computer was stolen out of my locked room while I was at the gym. I left the room at 4:15pm. The computer was sitting on my desk. I put up an away message, walked out of the room, closed the door behind me, made sure it was locked and then went to the gym. When I returned at 6pm, I walked down the hall to my room and when I reached the door I knew something was wrong. The door that I had left closed and locked behind me was ajar. I NEVER leave it open. I pushed it open and the first thing I saw was the empty spot on the desk where my computer had been. The power cord was left behind. The feeling of crushing loss and anger was something I had never experienced in such a violent fashion before. All thought and reason was gone. I had no idea what to do but cry and question everyone.

I ended up calling the campus police and then ended up coming to the room and took all the information that I could manage to give them about the computer. My roommates Keri and Jen were there. Keri hadn't been in the room until 10 minutes before I had come back, but the clincher was Jen. She apparently had been in the room in her bedroom the entire time. And had heard nothing. Nothing else in the room had been taken. My phone, camera, purse and binder of DVDs which had all been lying out in the open had been untouched. Whoever had come into my room had known exactly what they were going for. They wanted the computer and knew it was there. I called my parents in hysterics. There are just no words to describe the crushing feelings of loss and hatred that I felt. If anyone has ever had anything stolen from them they know the feeling better than anyone. Someone violated your space and stole something valuable and dear to your heart. Some stranger had stood in my room. Some stranger had touched my stuff.

Back to my roommate Jen. Jen is the girl who lives next to me. She is Keri's step sister and she is a drug addict. Most of the time she is high and she constantly has all of these skeevy stoner guys come in and out of the room. Now remember, Jen said she was in the room the whole time and heard nothing. Well the way our suite is set up someone would have to walk down the hall and risk getting caught to break in my room and get my computer. This is where I am thinking that while I was gone Jen or one of her stoner friends came in and took it. That's the only explanation that I have and it's the most logical. She is a skeevy bitch and Abby, Amanda, Sam, Andrew and Alex say the same thing. Last year she lived in the suite next to Abby and Amanda's and two or three computers were stolen out of there. Everything points straight to her. And I want her dead.

I spent the night in Abby and Amanda's room. We were supposed to have girls night but it didn't go anyway the way we planned. My computer got stolen and then things just kind of went all nutty. I did sleep over like planned, not that I got much sleep because the whole theft made me more anxious and upset than ever. I woke up at random times. At 3am I updated my facebook from my phone and such and at 6am I went to my room and grabbed more of my crap so that I could go home and then come back straight to work and avoid my room all together. I left Eastern at 9am and right now I am sitting at work on my new computer. It's a very nice computer but it isn't the four year old computer I used to have. This is going to take a lot of getting used to.

I don't want to go back to my room tonight or any night for that matter. I don't ever want to step foot back there again. I don't ever want to talk to my roommates again. Reeni and Ginger I do but Jen, Keri and Jeanette? No way in hell. I am done. I want to move out of my room completely and live at home, but my parents don't think that would work well with my job. Honestly, I don't care at all at this point. Living home sounds so wonderful. I would be with my family and I would get to see my horses all the time. I hate it here. All of my friends are here for me and that is keeping me sane, but I just don't know what to do. I could change rooms I guess but I don't know how I feel about that. I just wish it was may and that I could be home and never have to deal with this ever again. No one in their senior year of college or any year for that matter should have to deal with something like this. I just keep holding on to all I have and hope it's enough.


RIP Tom...You have no idea how good a computer you were and how much I will miss you.

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment