About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Best Friends

It has been one seriously rainy day today. I don't think I've seen that much rain, or water at one time before. There was just so much! I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to my school since I have to travel through a lot of low lying areas and there are lots of rivers, brooks and streams I have to go by. Norwich ended up calling a state of emergency and Jeanette didn't have to go to school. I'm rather jealous about it all. I want a break! Oh well and it looks like she won't be having school again tomorrow, but I have a half day and professional development so the day shouldn't be too bad. At least that is what I am hoping for. I still have to teach, but that is in the morning and shouldn't be too bad.

Well, I thought all my plans for the evening had fallen through, but as always it seems I am surprised. I thought I wasn't going to be getting together with Alex tonight because dinner fell through. But just when I had written him off my phone is ringing and guess who: Alex! So the two of us are still getting together tonight. He is supposed to come by lowrise and get me and then we are going over the the student center to hang out and chat. I'm excited because Alex is just an amazing person all around and I am super glad that I get to hang with him.

Later: Hanging out with Alex was all sorts of fun. We went to the student center and just hung there and chatted about everything: life, Andrew, relationships, etc. I miss being able to sit down and talk with him all the time. It's really nice knowing that there is someone out there as nice as him and I am so thankful that he is one of my best friends. I feel like I can tell him things that I could not normally tell other people. I don't know but I just feel safe with him. We are going to try and get together more often this semester before it's graduation and we leave. I will miss him but I know we will still hang out and be great friends.

Mike was supposed to hang out with me tonight. Did that happen? No. And this time there is no sympathy. I might just tell him forget about drinking with me and go hang out with Jeanette and Kristen and Alex. Why not?

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment