About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

These Are The Days

"Because these things will change, can you feel it now?
These walls that they put up to hold us back will fall down
It's a revolution, the time will come for us to finally win."
~Change by Taylor Swift~

The days pass by and the weather slowly changes. The warm weather is coming in to stay. The trees are beginning to bud and eventually they will bloom and allergy season will be once again upon us. In many ways I miss the cold, dark winter months, but at the same time I don't. I like the nice weather where I am not constantly freezing my buns off going to see my horse. That's never fun in the least! Change is coming.

Change is coming. In more ways that one. Sure, the weather is changing with the warmer climate, blooming trees and more light in the evenings, but that's not the only thing. I am changing as a person. It might not seem like a big deal but for me it is. I also tell people that change is good and that we need to keep life interesting. Unfortunately, when it comes to changing myself I am a bit of a hypocrite. I don't like change and frankly, I am afraid of change in any form.

Today I changed at school. I showed my students how assertive I am. I showed them that I am not willing to be pushed around and that I will not take anymore silliness and nonsense. I put my foot down hard and now the students in that one class no full well that I am the dominant authority in the classroom and not just a pretty face. It was a huge step for me. I am never assertive in front of my classes, but this time I had had enough and laid down the law. Even though my teacher wasn't there because he was on a field trip, I told him about it and he was really proud of me for actually doing it.

Tomorrow is my therapy session up at Eastern (finally). I have no idea what my therapist is going to do with me but all I can do is trust her and hope that she has some answers for me. I just have to be open with her and admit to her that I think I have some depression problems. It will be strange going up to school when no one is there but then again it might be nice to see no one. I am really anxious about going back to school, though. Well on Sunday night that is. I am afraid about what my roommates will think about me and Andrew and if he went bad mouthing me to them. I also wonder about my friend Alex. He has been my friend since freshmen year and has known Andrew for just as long. I don't want to lose him and I'm afraid that he might think poorly of me. I hope that isn't the case...

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment