About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Celebrity Rehab

This is the first time I have ever watched this show. And I watched it all night long. It was the first time that I had actually spent out in my common room in a long time. I watched Celebrity Rehab with my roommate Reeni and our friend Eric. For the first time in over a week, I ate a meal in my common room with people. It was just so relaxed and I didn't feel so pressured and judged. Reeni and I talked and connected, especially when one of the patients ended up putting their dog to sleep. The two of us bawled. I have put three dogs to sleep and it is one of the most painful and heart-breaking things in the world. My pets are everything to me and to see them die is like dying with them. The whole show was one emotional roller coaster and I found myself pulling for drug addicts and alcoholics. Sure they might be celebrities, but underneath they are normal people who managed to fall off the beaten track and got lost.



This is the one show that has made me cry multiple times in one night. There was just something about it that got to me heart and soul. They gave me hope. Even though they are going through addictions and I have a crazy roommate I can relate to them knowing that it is so very hard, but it works out. Everything just comes together and all is right with the world. I wish them well on their journey and can't wait for the season premier of Sober House next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment