About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Song Birds

"How did it happen that their lips came together? How does it happen that birds sing, that snow melts, that the rose unfolds, that the dawn whitens behind the stark shapes of trees on the quivering summit of the hill? A kiss, and all was said."
~Victor Hugo~

Winter is devoid of life. It is cold, dark and dreary. White blankets of snow cover the ground and everything stands still in lifeless misery. There are some animals that brave the winter cold, but the songs of the birds are missing. Their sweet melodies are lost. But this morning as I walked to the parking garage to get my car to go to school, I heard something I haven't heard in months: the melodious sounds of the Robin. It took a few moments for my brain to register what I was hearing. Could it be just my imagination playing tricks on me? No. It was really. The American Robin was once again singing his song. Spring is finally on its way.



I am excited for spring and the warmer weather that it will bring. It also means that May, graduation and the end of student teaching is coming closer. I am just so ready to be done. I'm done with living on campus. I'm done with school in general. I am done with student teaching, even though I do like it. If my teacher actually gave me a little more guidance here and there I wouldn't feel so stressed out about everything. I continue to create lessons and teach them and I know I'm going to learn by doing them on my own, I still wish I could have a host teacher like Sue. Every D Block I go to the upstairs teacher room and work on my lessons and such and Sue is always there. She is a U.S. History teacher and today she helped me about a lot with different websites and sources that I could use to teach my lessons. We discussed how we hated the curriculum and the book that I am have to use. I feel like I can really connect with her in a way that I could never with Ray. Ray is nice and all, but he has been there for 32 years and he is set in his ways. He does everything the same and never likes to change things up a bit. Sometimes I feel like he looks down on me with how I want to teach and such, but I am the teacher now and I will be the one coming up with everything. I just really wish I could fast forward and be done with it all.

When I feel down and sad I think of the song birds. I think of their voices and how they are unafraid to just sing at 6am without fear of being stopped or suppressed. This is what they want to sing about and they will never stop singing. They are free and that's how I wish I could feel. I want to be free like them. I know it might now be that way in the school that I am at now, but I know it will happen down the road when I have my own classroom and can teach what I want to teach without someone telling me to teach it their way.


No comments:

Post a Comment