About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

His Left Foot Can Open a Can of Tomatoes!

Let me just tell you. I absolutely love the British. Even at 730am, they can still make me laugh. Yes. I woke up at 730am to watch the Netherlands play soccer against Japan. The reason is that my sister's favorite soccer player Robyn van Persie, plays on the Netherlands team and she wanted to see him play since he has had all sorts of problems with injuries. And guess what the two fo us saw when we turned on the television? Robyn van Persie being pushed to the ground by two Japanese players and then proceeded to crack another Japanese player in the face with his foot. That player was then taken off the field by stretcher. Oh yes. That was excellent! And it go even better when the British announcer said one of the Japanese players had a left foot that could open a can of tomatoes. My morning was made. I then proceeded to sleep through halftime and the second half but they won and that was all that mattered. Then it was off to the barn for a riding lesson.

My lesson went okay. Grady was being cranky and I was having problems but we managed okay. The jumping wasn't great but that is because I really have a mental block when it comes to jumping. It's such a weird fear that seems to take over and I second guess everything I do and find that I am not confident at all. I will have to talk to my instructor about this because maybe there is something the two fo us can do that can help me overcome this irrational fear.

The rest of my day was a wild adventure car ride! But it was all in good fun. I raced home from the barn and picked up a laptop for my dad for father's day, which is tomorrow. I really hope he likes it because he has been wanting one for so long and we just haven't been able to get him one. I then raced home, showered and raced out the door again to go to the Trumbull Mall to pick up Amanda. Her parents were meeting me there instead of me having to come to Stamford which was good because that would have been a long trip. We then piled into my car and drove off to meet Mike and surprise Abby. We just had to get to Lisbon. Neither of us had the address for the movie theater there so we set my GPS for Eastern and went from there. We ended up branching off and took a very long and very pretty scenic route through Connecticut to get to Lisbon, all the while poking my GPS to help us get there by picking towns close to Lisbon. Eventually we were able to get to the movie theater and completely surprised Abby! We were so excited! From there we saw Toy Story 3 and then went to Chili's for dinner and then wandering aimlessly around Target.

Eventually we all had to say goodbye and go our separate ways. Amanda's parents ended up meeting us halfway again and from there I wandered off on my way home. My car now has little gas again but it was all so worth it and I was super happy to have sent the afternoon/evening with them. It's going to be sad seeing Abby and Mike move away, but we will keep in touch through many different means and eventually going to visit them. But for now I am tired and going to collapse somewhere.

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment