Today I took a trip with my friend (big sis) Erica to Ikea all the way out in New Haven (I believe it's somewhere around there). I was going to look for some wall storage and pretty much knew what I was looking for. I wanted a bookcase structure that I could either stick books or little boxes and baskets. I have never been to Ikea before so I was very excited. Well, it ended up taking a hell of a lot longer to get there than we imagined. Someone got into an accident on 91 and two right lanes were closed. I have never see so much traffic. We ended up going off an exit and went exploring for a while before getting back on the highway where there was no traffic. So annoying but we made it there. I don't know if any of you have been to the Ikea in Haven but you can see it right from 95. It's rather hard to miss.
This was without a doubt the coolest store in the entire world! When you get there you pick up a pencil, a card to write product information on and a tape measure. Then you go up the escalator to the second floor and start wandering through the building and all the display rooms that they have. You can test out the furniture, touch it and everything. When you find something you like, you write the information on the card. At the end you go pick up your items. The display rooms were amazing. Made me plan out my entire house (if I can ever afford one that is). The furniture is sturdy and well-designed and cheap. When I mean cheap, I mean cheap. The bookcase I found that I wanted was only $80. I was super excited. Once we finished upstairs we went down to the store place where we walked through and could pick out cups, plates, shelves, pillows, bedding, lamps, you name it. Once you wander through there you go into the warehouse to pick up your item. It's all disassembled so you can take it home right then and there. Makes things easier and cheaper. We get there to pick it up and they don't have it and another one isn't on order and they don't do special orders. I was very sad, but they told me to call the store and ask about it and such and check online. I figured that would be an awesome idea. So when I get home I look online and my bookshelf doesn't exist. I think they might have discontinued it. I am going to call them tomorrow and find out. If it is discontinued then I am going to see if I can get a discount on the show model. If not I am getting these other two bookshelves. One is really tall and one is shorter. I liked them too, but this other one was perfect. Oh well. That's my luck. I did get some amazing Swedish Meatballs at Ikea as well as Cinnamon buns. Did I mention they had amazing food? All in all, Ikea just became my favorite store of all time!
My room looks much better right now. I boxed up a bunch of stuff to go up into the attic and I can actually sit at my desk again and see a lot of the floor. I can actually walk across the room without having to step over twelve hundred different things. Things are looking up. I am rather happy with how it looks right now. I think this needs a celebration of video games!
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment