
Alrighty. I am behind a bit in my blogging, but that's what happens when I don't come home till 3am and the windows have been going in all week. But I will chat about yesterday for a bit. My sister and I had a lesson on our horses (well, my sister used a school horse since hers is still recovering). The lesson went well and we talked about shows and showing a bit, so that was exciting. Since my sister's saddle was broken she used our instructors Devoucoux. Let's just say this is a custom saddle, uber comfortable and costs over $4000. It's amazing to ride in. After watching my sister ride around in it, my instructor and I both agreed. My sister's position was perfect. She has been fighting her saddle all this time. That means her saddle doesn't fit her and because it doesn't, its hurting her position and she has to work fifty times harder to stay where she is supposed to be. As Gail put it, it was a good thing her saddle broke. Ali looks at me and says the words I was thinking in my head. "Mom is going to kill me."
Well, Mom didn't exactly kill her, but she wasn't pleased by this development. The saddle went into to get fixed because of the stirrup things being broken and because the tree was crooked. Which means the whole saddle was crooked because the tree is pretty much the base support of the entire saddle. Oh joy. I think what she is going to try and do is trade in her saddle and see if she can use that money or something towards a new one. My mom is less than thrilled.
Last night I ended up going out to Buffalo Wild Wings with Kyle and a whole bunch of the others in their group. We had a good time and I seemed to fit in really well with everyone which is always good. After dinner we all went to the beach to look at the water and such. The moon was almost full and it was incredible. Then Kyle and I went back to his house where we left my car and hung out and watched TV (or didn't watch it). I didn't get back home till almost 3am. Yup. It was a great night. I still don't know what the two of us are since I was too busy and preoccupied to ask him myself, but Jocelyn will be happy to know that he introduced me as just Laura instead of "my friend" Laura. That's all good. No killing will be necessary. Yet!
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment