About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

UCONN Chipmunks


Today I spent the day up at UCONN Storrs with my best friend Jocelyn. She has been living up there for her very last class ever before she goes on to her clinical. She was bored and wanting to go home, so I decided to bring her some cheer. It was funny driving back up in the vicinity of my school. I miss Eastern. Even though I went through hell the last two semesters, I still miss it and all of my friends and all of the good times that we all had. All I know is that even thought it's summer, UCONN had quite a few people wandering around campus and such. Even thought it's a college town it never sleeps.

We spent most of the day wandering around campus and chilling in her dorm room. We chatted about everything but especially about boys and weddings. We had a lot of fun discussing what we want at our weddings like, food, liquor, dresses, flowers and music. Let's just say Jocelyn pretty much has her entire wedding planned out and I give her tons of credit. Honestly I really have no idea what I am going to do for my wedding (if I ever get married that is). We had fun listening to songs that she wants for her wedding. She's got them all picked out. I have one right now. Love me Tender by Elvis. I love that song and would probably dance with my dad with that one. And I think I would have Amazed by Lonestar for my dance with my hubby. I love that song and it always makes me cry, but I think it would be perfect.

On our walk around campus we ran into a tiny little chipmunk that was hopping on a stair eating ants and looking positively cute. We were pretty close to it and he didn't seem to care one way or the other and continued eating ants. We snapped a couple pictures of him before he scampered off and we went and got ready to go out to dinner.

Applebee's was on the menu and we did the 2 for 20 meal. We also ordered drinks. Wine for Jocelyn and a Strawberry Daiquiri for me. Yummy! We ate and ate and ate, and just when we thought we couldn't eat anymore, we ordered a large dessert. Yummy! Surprisingly not too full we headed back to UCONN where it was time to say our goodbyes and go our separate ways again. She was off to do homework and studying and I was off to drive back home and go to the gym. Let's just say I love going to the gym at 8pm. There aren't that many people there and it was rather relaxing. I even go brave enough to try the scary stairmaster of doom! I was also excited to try out my new garage door opener! I haven't had one for four years and boy have I missed it! Now I'm back in business!

Well, I'm off to race and crash some cars with my little sister for a while before I come back here and edit some stuffs and do more cross-stitching!

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment