About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Friday, June 4, 2010

I've Been Up 12 Hours and Spent 11 at the Barn

My little sister definitely had an adventure today. She ended up getting up at 6am and going to the barn because she was going with Kim (who is the barn owner) to the vet to get Beau's feet x-rayed. She pretty much spent all day at the barn and didn't get home till almost 9pm. When we saw her, she stated that she had been up for about twelve hours and she had spent eleven of those at the barn. Oh well. At least we know she is dedicated. The vet apparently was really nice and they found out that he has Navicular disease in his front feet, which is common in his breed. So they did all kinds of stuff and injected his feet. He's all wrapped up and has to stay in his stall for 3 days then he can go out for 3 days and then he can get worked again. They also believe he has a genetic disorder and he doesn't absorb certain foods or something properly. So they are changing his food which will hopefully help him gain weight and such. It wasn't the greatest news ever, but it was horrendous and he will be able to be ridden and stuff like normal again.

I spent most of the day at home being a bum before going to get my hair done. I redid my red highlights in a darker color and put a lot more in. They look amazing! I am so happy with them. My mom didn't seem phased by he whole thing so I was okay with that.

Tonight was also the dress rehearsal for the City Slicker Show tomorrow morning. Every year they have a year end show and the kids show off to their parents all that they learned. My horse is being used in three different classes and my sister and I are helping get the drill team up and organized for pictures and such. While Ali is in charge of Grady I will be taking pictures of the whole thing. That reminds me. I have to get my camera charger out of my car and charge my batteries for tomorrow. I am hoping everything goes according to plan and that the weather holds out for us for the show.

~Dragon Eyes~







No comments:

Post a Comment