Today my sister and I went on a road trip to drop some fliers off at tack stores in the state. Well, the three tack stores we were going to happened to be in Newtown, Danbury and Ridgefield. They happen to be uber far away from where we live. So it was pretty much an all day adventure. The first one we went to was Ridgefield. It was a really cute little tack store that reminded me of the one that I go to all the time. We dropped off the fliers and I ended up getting some show clothes for myself for the showing season since I own only the bottom half. After that we went on to Danbury. On the way there the head of the program got a hold of us and told us she wanted us to drop fliers off at Old Salem Farm in New York. So after finding out that the place in Danbury does not exist we went to the farm. Now the two of us have been there before, but only when they were putting on a big show. We drive up to the place and are met with huge white imposing gates. All rich people have gates. It's just the norm I guess. Well we drive up and are like omg we need a passcode. Apparently not since when we drove up they opened automatically. Even though the two of us were terrified out of our minds to be on such a farm we were glad they had signs and made it to the show office where they took the fliers and thanked us. While we were in New York we got stopped by a schoolbus. With two stop signs on it! My sister goes, "They must be rich!"
The last tack store we went to was in Newtown. It took us a bit to get there because the address we had was wrong but we made it, dropped off our fliers and then bolted back down the road where we had seen a Coldstone Creamery. I've never had their ice cream before but it was amazing! They made it right in front of your nose! How much better can you get! Once finished there we drove off to the barn in the rain. We wanted to ride, but it looked like that wasn't going to happen.
Out at the barn we said hi to Gail and showed her my lovely show clothes and now she's excited because we can go to shows and stuff and then me and Ali rode. The two of us jumped on. Ali in western gear in Gail's helmet and me in English tack with no helmet. We rode and had a good time and Grady was actually being really good! Even though I rode with a girl I don't like too much, it was okay. She didn't ride long at all because she was more content to flirt with her boyfriend in front of everyone and soon left. Thursday is our lesson and I will be using a different bit so we will see what goes with all of that.
My room makes me kind of sad right now. It's still kind of a mess and the shades are gone, replaced by disney sheets. Tomorrow morning is not going to be fun.
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment