Expect the unexpected. That's how the saying goes. But I don't really understand it at all. How can we expect the unexpected? Doesn't that pretty much mean that unexpected is expected? I don't know. Well, aside from that I think the things that you least expect end up happening and surprise you anyways. Just when you let your guard down you find that something sneaks up on you. That's what just happened to me.
I was sitting here at my computer, minding my own business and waiting for Alex Moura to text me back to see if we were still getting together tonight when all of a sudden I get an instant message. From Mike. Talk about unexpected. I thought I would probably never hear from the kid again and just when I let my guard down and get comfortable he suddenly jumps right out and says hello. Well, I sat here in shock for a few moments staring at the computer screen debating whether I should send something back or not. I eventually did. It was a small conversation and I kept my messages short and simple. I don't need to let him know that I am still pining over him. That's no good at all. I don't want to instantly forgive him, or forgive him ever because of all the crap he has put me through. But if he wants to talk again, fine. But distance for me is key. If I don't see him or talk to him all that often I will be better off. Sigh. This is what happens when I let my guard down.
Oh well. Looks like I am heading to West Hartford now.
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment