
I am beyond angry and annoyed right now. My day was going amazing until about 11am. That's when everything went down the tubes and my day ended badly. I taught my first two classes and everything went decently well. The kids are really good for in those classes and try really hard and such. My teacher wasn't there again today and this time they actually gave me a sub. I am glad they did. I was glad for the company and the help here and there with everything. It made things a little easier. Things went well until we go to the third block of the day which is my portfolio period. The kids pretty much have a study hall for an hour and half. They are all my students and there is like fourteen or fifteen of them so it's not too bad. Unfortunately they like to goof off big time and my teacher is always yelling at them to get to work and knock things off. Well they try and get away with more with me. On Wednesday the guys in the class were dismantling each others backpacks. We had a conversation today and they were okay with everything and did work and worked well. I was rather proud of them. Two of the other girls in the class were busy playing a board game. They are real good students and I never have a problem with them. The other four girls in the class are the problem and they caused far too many issues with me today.
I told them at the beginning of the class that they needed to work on stuff and not goof off all class. They were like okay and started. Well, this is where things got kind of crazy. Every class without fail, this girl always shows up and sits with the four of them and goofs off and distracts them big time. It's annoying and I am through with it. In talking to the work study student that is in the class, the girl is the sister of one of the girls in the back of the room. She is a senior and has no class during this time and thinks it's okay to come sit in the back of the room. Oh yeah. That's not going to fly. I decided that if they were goofing off too much I would go back there and send the girl on her way. Well, that happened sooner than I thought. I looked over and all five girls were sitting there doing their make-up. Now my teacher doesn't allow this and I know how unsanitary it is to do that in the classroom as well. So that's when I got up and went over to put an end to it. Oh that went beautifully.
I told the girls to put the make-up away. It was scattered across the desk and this new girl seriously had fifty pounds of make-up. I have seriously never seen so much make-up in on person's bag before. I told them to put it away because it wasn't sanitary and not something to be done in class. I got such a fearsome argument from them all. They were trying to explain their way out of the situation and talking back and everything. When the girl that's not supposed to be there piped up I was done. I pretty much told her that this wasn't her class and that she was being a distraction and needed her to leave. Well that got them all even more riled up and such. Especially one of the girls who was telling me she wasn't putting make-up on as she was putting it on in front of my face. Real smart. Eventually I got them to put it all away and the other girl finally left. As she was leaving the girls called loudly to her that they were sorry she got kicked out and such. I honestly could care less. Too bad. She doesn't belong here and that's that. Goodbye.
While all this went on, my work study student had slipped out to do something and one of the girls started mouthing off about why she was in the class because she doesn't do anything. The work study student is assigned to be in the class. This is where she is supposed to be. End of story. The other girl was not. Too bad. I don't care. And honestly the work study student is a straight A student, a senior and going to Southern for collage in the fall. She's mature. The other girls are no where close. For the rest of the time, the four girls were extremely pissed off me. I don't care. I am the teacher and I am in charge. Deal with it. They need to get over it and learn the world doesn't revolve around them and never will. It just drove me nuts. My teacher is hearing about this one. And that girl will not be in the class as long as I am there. She doesn't belong and that's that.
I am just glad it's the weekend. I am supposed to be hanging out with Amanda tonight and stuff and then hopefully going to Battleship cove to see the ships again. I can't wait! I also am wondering if I am going to be seeing Andrew tonight. That will be interesting if that happens. I will just have to wait and see.
One a happier note, Kyle has come back from his cruise and we are working on finding a time to get together and hang out. I really have a feeling something is going to come about with us and right now I am really hoping so. I really want to be with him. He makes me laugh and smile and feel good about myself. There is just something about him. It's like he is my other half. I will just have to wait and see what goes.
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment