About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Monday, May 3, 2010

It's 7:30pm...I'm Late For School!...Wait...

I have successfully made it to work after one of the most interesting things ever. I have seriously never had this happen to me before and I am still a little squiffy over it all. But I will start at the beginning so you guys can figure out the whole thing.

I went to school today and managed to teach my two classes still feeling like crap and managed to make it through the day. Today my throat felt all swollen on the outside, and it still does actually. I think the glands are swollen but I could be wrong. They just feel really funny for me to touch or something. I don't like it. I made it through the day somehow and came back here to school. I went to the health service people and got an appointment for tomorrow then went back to my room, set my phone's alarm for 5:30pm (I double checked it multiple times to make sure), rolled into bed to take an hour nap.

The next thing I know, my phone is ringing. It's Bethany. I pick it up and answer and get nothing. I think nothing of it and look at the time on my phone. It says 7:30pm. I'm staring at it with a blank expression for a few minutes. 7:30pm. Why did my phone change my AMs and PMs around? Oh no! I'm late for school! Wait... ::looks at text messages on phone:: CRAP! I'm late for work!!!!! That's when I send Bethany back a message apologizing profusely, grabbed by shit together, threw on clothes since I was sleeping in my underwear, grabbed food out of my fridge and bolted out the door and practically ran across campus. Out of the three years I have had my job, I have never done something like that. It was so weird. My brain is still all sorts of messed up because it has no idea what just happened. I knew taking that nap was a bad idea. Oh well. I guess I really needed to sleep. My only guess in the whole thing is that my alarm went off at the right time and I never heard it and it eventually turned off. My phone was set on high. I have trained myself to respond to my phone. I set my phone on low every night and I wake up to it instantly. It was set on high tonight and I never heard it go off. There is something seriously wrong with me.

My students all think I have mono. It is going around our school but I am hoping that that is not the case. I really don't need mono right now. But then again it would explain why I just feel so dead and sleepy all the time. My mom doesn't think so, but we will see what goes at health services tomorrow.

I have been chatting with Kyle a whole bunch today as well. He is currently off doing stuff but the reason he stopped texting me last night was because his phone died and he doesn't remember parts of the night. Ah, those wild party nights. I find myself missing him more and more and wishing he was here. Last night that was all I wanted. I even told him that. I wished he was there with me while I tried to sleep and tried not to hack up a lung. I am still unsure about everything, and my mind still wanders back to Mike, but I look forward to hearing from Kyle and talking to him and hanging out with him. Over time I am sure I won't think about Mike at all, but right now he is still a constant thought in the back of my mind. Teasing me.

Well, I guess I have to figure out something to do with myself for the rest of the night. I brought a book. I would creatively write but I don't think my brain is working well for all of that. I guess I will just read and maybe watch a movie or catch up on Sober House. We will also see if I'll be able to sleep tonight at all. I am hoping after my shower and making my lunch that I will just pass out. That's my hope anyways!

~Dragon Eyes~

No comments:

Post a Comment