About Me

My photo
I'm just a simple girl trying to make it in a complicated world.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I Smell Like an Italian Sandwich

"Someone hit me in the arm with a jar of olives. I smell like an Italian sandwich."
~Under the Dome by Stephen King~

Those were the words I read at around 2am yesterday (or technically today) and I had to contain my laughter so I didn't wake anyone. Stephen King definitely has a way with his novels that I wish I could channel. In reading back over some of my stuff I seriously wonder if my writing is any good, but I won't give up. It's my passion and I am going to try and make something of it.

Last night I left off by going out to West Hartford to pick up my friend Alex Moura and then go to Blue Back Square for a few drinks and to catch up. During the school year I probably saw him at least a couple times a week and usually at the gym or when we were coming/going to the gym. So not seeing him at all in almost a month is weird. So when he asked if I wanted to go out for a little bit I jumped at the chance. Why not? He's one of my best friends and I have such a good time with him. And we did indeed have a good time. We were out for almost three hours. We first grabbed a drink out on a patio of a restaurant and chatted about all kinds of things and school and jobs and significant others and all that jazz. Then we wandered off for a little bit and eventually made it to the Cheesecake Factory bar for another drink. The real funny thing is that the two of us called it a "casual date" and both of us totally hate the whole dinner date thing. Alex likes coffee dates, and actually I think I might like those too, but the causal drinks is good for me as well. And no matter how many times I go out for drinks with him, I am never nervous. Maybe because there's no pressure with him? Maybe because he is just a best friend and nothing more? I don't know. But the two of us have known each other for four years and are just really relaxed with each other. I like that aspect a lot.

We also ran into Jeanette for a little bit and chatted with her. The two of us are going to try and get together maybe next week or so because Reeni is busy and Jeanette is bored. I might also go out with Alex again. Why not? I like being social and it gets me out and about.

Today was pretty low key. I ended up taking my car back to town fair tire because my car was pulling to the left and then went to AC Moore to try and find new/different brand of 19 circular knitting needles because mine died and my blanket needs to be started over. Good thing I didn't have much done. At least I know the length is good! I didn't find the needles, but I got needles and yarn to try and make socks and I bought a counted cross-stitch. My first one ever. So far it's pretty good. Tedious but it keeps me focused really well. England and the USA tied in the FIFA world cup soccer game today and I didn't hear from Mike which is good, but I am still wary. Kyle is texting me now and I am thinking about attacking some creative writing editing right now. Might as well give it a go!

~Dragon Eyes~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura..
    I like your blog..its so personalized..
    I think we have similar hobbies..I also like to knit and crochet..
    Nice to meet such knitters like you..

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts..

    ReplyDelete