So I had a major panic attack today while picking apples. Now I have a terrible fear of spiders and bees and pretty much any creepy crawly that I come across. It's a problem in life and I have been slowly learning to deal with them (somewhat). Some days I am not as freaked out as others but for some reason today was especially bad. I went to a different orchard completely to pick these god awful apples. They were huge and you would pick one only to find half of it was rotten and squishy. After a while I was going insane and the bugs didn't help. I felt like my skin was crawling. It was awful. Finally I picked up my phone to check the time and found the biggest, ugliest, black hairy spider that had been sitting underneath of it. I freaked out, had a full blown panic attack and ran back to the cider mill. All in all I was not pleased with it.
Then I went to the barn. I didn't have any of the proper clothing since the jeans I brought with me are apparently too small. Go figure. Not to mention it made me feel fat. Oh well. So my mom said she was going to bring me out my stuff so I could actually get on Beau and ride him. It made Grady very jealous over that fact and while I rode Beau, he stood at his door and stared through the bars at me. But when I arrived at the barn I drove down the road and was going up the hill when my headlights revealed a small animal coming down the hill towards me. Then I saw it was a tiny jack russel terrier complete with collar. I pulled the car up next to it and opened the door. The little dog wagged it's tail and jumped inside. I put the puppy on my lap, floored my car and drove the rest of the way up the hill with the dog on my lap. It turns out the little dog was Kim's dog Tator. She had wandered off at 330pm and Kim was positively frantic looking for her. So I took her down to the house and Kim was ecstatic to have her dog back. It still amused me that I randomly came across her and she was super happy to jump in a car with a complete stranger. Oh well. I guess that's what dogs do!
Tomorrow is Thursday and that means I get to sleep in on Friday and I don't have to go pick apples because it's going to rain all day! YAY!
~Dragon Eyes~
No comments:
Post a Comment